Youths of Uso Community in Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State took to the streets on Friday to protest the kidnap of two residents by bandits.
It was gathered that the victims were kidnapped along the Akure-Owo Expressway and taken into the forest.
A source stated that three persons were initially abducted but one escaped.
The incident was said to have angered the youths of the community who staged the protest along the expressway.
The protesters blocked the busy expressway, causing traffic gridlock for several hours.
All efforts made by the police to placate them were not successful as they insisted on barricading the expressway.
However, the protesters were said to have successfully been dispersed by the police.
When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer of the Ondo Police Command, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed the kidnap of the victims and said men of the Command had swung into action to ensure the victims were rescued.
The PPRO said, “Our men of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad have been on the trail of the bandits to ensure the victims were rescued.”
On the protest however, Odunlami said normalcy had returned to the area as the expressway had been cleared for free flow of vehicles.